Thursday, October 15, 2009
Started The Rehabilitation Of Kepong BH !!!
Today started the rehabilitation works on a very sick BH in Kepong, Selangor.
The BH have been in operation for at least 1.5 years. The cost of conversion was almost 40,000 ringgit.
Total size of the BH was about 35 feet by 70 feet with 10 feet ceiling height.
After very little progress and very poor micro habitats there were only about 14 nests and 5 markings (must be old one).
With 14 nests after 1.5 years in operation I classify this BH as a very sick BH.
I was given the tasks to revamp the unit about three weeks ago and only today managed to assemble all the things required plus those workers.
My criteria will be:
1) To minimise those heat coming from the walls facing evening sun. They were so hot like a sauna room. I managed to order a special bubble heat shield from Setiawan for this task.
2) To create a VIP room at the back of the BH. This will be the preferred place for those birds to stay. The room will be about 15 feet from the back wall.
3) To relocate the entrance hole from the roving into nesting.
4) To erect a partition to block excessive light from this new entrance hole.
5) To replace all external sound tweeters and rewired into two.
6) To install a number of external sound tweeters in the BH.
7) To increase the number of internal sound tweeters from current of 20 to 100 tweeters.
8) To conduct a trial in using a specialised nesting planks that are laced with special aroma.
9) To upgrade the sound system so that there will be a wild party in the BH from 5:30pm till 7:30pm.
10) New sounds shall be introduced to pull all the birds that pass by and from the neighbors.
11) To use a number of the new soundless humidifiers to cool and increase the BH humidity.
12) To install nothing less then 50 fake nests in the house to lure those birds to stay.
13) To try a new aroma so that the birds will become crazy in staying and not leaving after entering the BH.
14) To install a suitable exhaust fan to pull fresh air every morning.
15) To make the BH more pungent with fresh bird shits and ammonia odor.
Took a lot of trouble to capture all the things that are not right for future references.
All those nests, marking on the nesting planks, the preferred nesting areas, the wall that were causing those hot wave and the current roving area.
I am sure once the new design is up those birds will change their preferred nest making areas.
Hope to finish the job within 5 to 7 working days.
Will report any interesting progress once back into operation.
If you happened to face similar BH sickness problem just call this number 017 755 1318.
Let me help to restore those shattered dreams and bring those wide smile back to your face.
Donation: I am sure you have learned something after reading this article. If you feel that the lesson learned deserved an ancourangement you can contribute a some donation to this account: Yayasan Kebajikan Nah Sabah, 100930010038410 at Allied Bank, Malaysia.