Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A new set of eggs collected and under incubation !!!



During the earlier incubation operation we lost all the hatched babies.

This time around about 200 eggs were brought into our incubation center for hatching and breeding.

I am keeping my fingers crossed and this time around the final result will help the industry with the SOP (standard operating procedure) on how to breed swiftlet.

This project is undertaken with the collaboration in a local agricultural university.

I will be monitoring the breeding progress and hopefully within the next 40-60 days I will be able to release some of the matured birds in a BH located somewhere at Dengkil.

I will be very happy to share the SOP with those who are having problems with BH nest population.

The cost of this SOP will be based on how much you are willing to donate for more eggs to be incubated and breed.

Minimum is RM 50 and if you can contribute more please do so.

The cost per egg is about RM 1:50 and we need a minimum of 200 per batch.

The money donated shall be used for the purpose of purchasing the eggs.

The rest of the cost (food, labor and etc) will be borne by the local University.

I hope one day once the SOP is available and proven we can proceed with the birds breeding and releasing them into our BHs.

Let us pray hard that this new method will become something very common in Malaysia.

It will no longer be a secret and maybe we can easily source the food suitable for these young chicks.

Best of luck to me.

Call me if you wish to contribute in funding the purchase of those eggs.

My telephone number is +60177551318

No comments: