Search This Blog

Friday, April 25, 2014

How To Monitor Your BH After A Revamp Operation !!!








During my last revamp operation of a BH located at Pantai Remis, Kapar, Kuala Selangor I installed a bird monitoring system.

What this interesting gadget does is to count the number of birds that entered or leave the BH from a  set time period.

For this BH I set to count from 7:00pm until 8:30pm.

What I managed to collect so far are as follows:

Sunday         April 6        169
Monday        April 7        234
Tuesday       April 8        294
Wednesday April 9        134
Thursday     April 10      161
Friday           April 11      140
Saturday      April 12     No Data
Sunday        April 13     135
Monday         April 14     179
Tuesday       April 15     284
Wednesday April 16     164
Thursday     April 17     125
Friday           April 18     314
Saturday     April 19      No Data
Sunday       April 20       358
Monday        April 21     169

If you look like an ordinary person you will not see what I see.

Look at the highest number of birds recorded.

It was 358 which is something that I think there is a very good chance that it will increase much more sooner or later.

The second highest was 314 which was the day that I last visited.

The table give me some ideas on what are happening and if this number increase to let say 600 within the next few weeks  I will be the first person to say that this BH is moving to a right direction.

All those gadgets installed during the revamp operation are working and pulling more birds into the BH.

This new method in counting the number of birds entering a BH can be very useful if you know how to use it.

No comments: