Saturday, April 26, 2014
Why Even After Following Pak Harry Blogs His BH Still Have No Birds !!!
I managed to squeeze some free time to inspect a BH located some where in Kuala Klawang N9.
Three days ago the owner confessed to me that even after following my blog for more than two years he still could not populate his 100' X 26' X 3 stories BH.
"Pak Harry I simply could not understand why it is so hard to populate my BH. I have been reading your blog for almost two years." he said.
The truth after carrying out the inspection works are as follows:
1) He did not apply all my ideas in full. Only maybe 10-15% so how to get the BH to be populated.
2) He DIY his BH and with very little experiences he was literary "working with his eyes closed".
3) The hexagonal tweeters were wrongly placed and too high.
4) His BH was attacked by a number of owls and due to that he installed lots of barb wires with those sharp razors all over the place.
5) One very strange thing that he did was to install his external tweeters in the middle of those barb wires. If those swiftlet should fly to peck on the tweeters they will surely be injured.
6) He got very little understanding of the function of those sounds.
7) The external sounds that are crucial in leading those swiftlet from the rooftop to the back of the BH was not properly understood.
8) The partition erected were with little basis and not low enough.
9) The door into those partitioned areas were too short. I told him to open the top cover so that those birds will easy asses to the connecting room.
10) His nesting planks were with very little gadget to attract those swiftlet. No fake nests, not steel bars, not perfume garden and nothing.
11) One very poor way to run a BH is to force those birds to stay all over the floors. I told him to focus on those floor that those birds find it easy to reach. Focus on this floor and modify it to attract them to the floor. Leave the rest for a later date.
12) As usual all his amplifiers were wrongly set.
13) He never have any other sounds in his sound library. In fact he don't have a sound library. How are you going to be a successful BH owner if you do not the right number of good sounds?.
14) Both the internal and external sounds used were wrong. I changed both just to prove my point.
The best lesson from this report is that do not try to be too smart.
Swiftlet farming is not a very easy investment.
If you are not knowledgeable enough try to work with someone that have the experiences and expert in the industry.
Make sure you have enough sounds to operate your BH.
If you cannot have the above call 0177551318.