Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Interesting Progress On My Swiftlet Farming Activities !!!


(The BH in Tawau that applies my idea on volume control.  If you want those birds to populate the floor which you have selected, get the internal sound louder then the rest of the floors)

I would like to tell you humbly that I think there are a few interesting happenings that can help the industry.

One of the most interesting is about the BH design aspect.

More and more people are accepting the fact that the main entrance hole should be facing the morning sun.

If you entrance hole is facing the opposite site i.e. the west, you will find that your tenants will not move to the lower floors. 

They will more often than not stays near where the morning light will guide them out of the BH.

If you currently owned a BH and is facing the WEST please check where those birds prefer to stay.

I guarantee you that most of them will either be the top most floor and a few at the middle floor and very closed to the monkey house areas.  The lowest floor will have very little or nil.

Another hot news direct from Tawau is about the internal sound volume.

"Pak Harry, we applied your sound volume control technique. My BH now have marking on the lowest floor which was lack of activities before this.  The idea of using louder volume on this floor as compared to the other floor seems to work for my BH.  Thank you for sharing the idea."

More or less the precise word from a Tawau BH owner whose house I inspected a few months ago.

I explained to the owner why and they tested my prediction.  It was true !!!

The next very interesting news is about the erection of VIP rooms inside BHs.

I have a meeting with this family from Kuala Lipis and one of them was talking about this VIP rooms concept. 

It seems that many people in Kuala Lipis are talking about it and more and more are applying the concept.

You know something, I have another prediction. 

This is about the release room.  I have been toiling with the idea of breeding those baby birds from hatching of their eggs and feed them until they reach 44 days old.

Remember these young birds will usually take their maiden flight on the 45th day after hatching.

Once they are 44 days old we can move them into the release room on the ground floor of the BH.

If this method works I can safely say that the release room will become a must have room in the future.

I have geared the idea to all my new customers and at the same time working closely with UPM to come out with the SOP on how to breed these birds.

The 227 eggs collected and incubating have resulted in 17 young birds being hatched (as at April 11th 2014) and growing nicely.

I spoke to the person in charged and told him how important is this SOP will be to the Industry and not me.

He took my advice seriously and promised to gather all the necessary and important notes on every aspect of breeding those young chicks.

I hope within the next three to four months the draft of the SOP will be ready and hope to sit down with UPM on the draft.

I will insist the UPM guys to provide details on the fooding materials and how to prepare them.

I wanted to precisely know when to feed them and how the food are prepared during their grown up stages.

If you wish to have one copy to use please let me know.

It will be nice if this new idea become a normal practice to all BH owners especially those who owned sick BHs.

Remember you need to repair your BH first before using this new method.

All you need to do is to call this number 017 7551318017 7551318.

Let me view your BH and make known what should be done.

Please remember, my service is more like a sifu who wanted to help and not to harm or con you.

No comments: