Search This Blog

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Somewhere At An Orchard In Raub, Pahang !!!



(Do you realize something? His BH walls are made of used Plywood !!!)

This very simple BH is somewhere near to Raub Golf Course and with more than 1000 nests.

The proud owner met me during my recent trip to Tanjung Besar, Kuala Lipis, Pahang.

During the short visit I discovered a few very interesting things that I wish to share with all.

1) According to the owner he was not doing well during the first year of his BH operation.  It was mainly due to lack of knowledge and very little gadgets installed.

2) He showed me the seminar manual that he collected during the occasion and I was very happy that it was by me, Pak Harry.  The seminar he attended was held in Lumut Holiday Resort in year 2011.

3) After the seminar he modified his BH with all the ideas gathered and used all those strange techniques tough during the seminar.

4) He installed a lot of tweeters.  He got those single, kite, chandelier and hexagonal tweeters.  There were almost 1000 tweeters plus.

5) One very effective gadget that he used was those Styrofoam fake nests.  He has almost 500 per floor.  What I saw was that nearly all, 80%,  of these fake nests were with nest.

6) He also applied my teaching about those perfume garden bottles.  He recently used bamboo bottles which he claimed to be free and very easy to make and installed.

7)  I asked him about how many sounds he is currently using.  His answer was 5. What?  He reaffirmed again 5.  Two external sounds and three internal sounds.

8) His favorite internal sounds were the superbabyking, Pukau and NBU.  All the three runs on a 24 hours basis.

9) The two external sound that he is currently using were the Kpop and Super 208.  He changed his external sounds every 2 weeks.

10) One very strange thing that he did was to install the external sound tweeters all around his BH.  The north, south, east and west.  All the four were making the sound calling any birds around it to stop and visit his BH.

11) To cool his BH, the outside walls were lined with plywood.  Genius method of keeping those hot sun from hitting the cement walls directly.

12) His only entrance hole was facing the East.  He told me that he followed by advise closely.

He was very happy to have Pak Harry to stop over and told him what improvements that can be done.

I listed a few ideas and asked him to implement them during the next breeding cycle.

I might want him to try the use of the 3X super pheromone liquid soon.

This DIY bh was something that turned to be what it is now just because he sort ideas from Pak Harry and all his current internal and external sounds were from the same person.

I am very very happy for him and I will try to continue giving him more ideas on how to push his nests population to perhaps 3000 nests.

You all should learn from this BH owner.

A humble person and willing to share some of his ideas that was never in my mind.

I was given a special lunch at one of the most popular restaurant in Raub.


  


  




  

No comments: