Saturday, April 5, 2014
Starting Revamp Works At Kg Pacitan, N9.
After 10 days at Lukut, I moved my workers to a new site.
This time the place is called Kg Pacitan, Bukit Pelanduk, Negeri Sembilan.
A very small BH about 20 feet width and 30 feet long about two stories high.
From day one this BH was a disaster, according to the BH owner.
After almost 1.5 years with not a single bird shit spot, they gave up and decided to call UPM for help.
Once inspected by UPM, I was given the task to review the BH and come out with the best recommendations on what to do.
I remembered writing a report about 20 pages.
My report indicated the following faults:
1) The BH was a bit too small. The size makes it very difficult to block those bright lights.
2) The BH was too closed to those high voltage power cables. There is a very strong magnetic field that might not be suitable for birds navigation.
3) The BH walls were not a double wall type. The external heat can easily heated up the nesting rooms.
4) It seems that there were lots of owl shits and those rolls of hairs all over the floor. The BH seems to have been used by the owls to act as their evening stop over.
5) The monkey house was very small and the size of the main entrance hole was about 10 inches by 15 inches.
6) There were two types of ventilation holes and both were wrongly uses.
7) The light penetrating one of the ventilation holes type were too high.
There were many more things that I simply do not understand what the original consultant wanted to do.
I did advised the owner to make a police report so that this so call consultant stop cheating others.
Well the revamp job started a few days ago and I hope something interesting will happen.
The chances to bring those birds in are there but the biggest challenge will be the heat and the light.
Please pray for me to help out this BH owner.
If you wish to drop by and see what you can learn from the many mistakes call me at 017 7551318.