Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

3D Printing For Specially Designed Fake Nests !!!

(Looks like those mold for nest drying.  I really need some donation for my research work.  Maybe someone can buy one for me.  He he he)


I have been thinking of investing into purchasing a 3D printer for swiftlet farming purposes.

One very interesting idea that I have though of using the 3D printer is to come out with a specially designed fake nests that is easy to install, lightweight, have grooves for those swiftlet to cling to and equiped with some holes to store super pheromone 3X.

Just think for a very short while if this strange idea of mine works.

This is one of the many gadget that I think can be further enhanced to give me the ability to modify the model from a simple to a more complicated shape.

It will something interesting if this new idea can help to catch those newly arrived birds to be our BH permanent tenants.

There are other products that can be printed for your BH.

A very good example are those 90* Corner Covers, Hanging Garden Bottles, 90* shaped Fake Nests for those crossings, Geckos Traps, Tweeters Covers (rain), Bazooka Covers, Owl Traps, Spike for Windows, Grating for tweeters and etc.

You might have many others but let me know.

If the fake nests works I plan to buy one for my own use.

I have approached a local 3D printer supplier and hopefully will receive his call soon.

Have a look at this youtube shot on 3D printing:


No comments: