Search This Blog

Friday, May 9, 2014

Lets Get Ready To NKS !!!

(Fake nests ready to be installed during the NKS operation)


Remember the new word that I coined "The NKS"?

I am referring to this new thing that all BH owner should do in order to help those new tenants to quickly build their nests.

The term NKS refers to "Nest Kick Start" operation.

This extra help in helping your new tenants to quickly erect their nests is something new and no other Consultants have ever come out with.

This idea came to my mind just about one week ago while performing a BH inspection at Pantai Remis, Kuala Selangor.

During my follow up visit after about two months plus back into operation I can see that there were a number of new nests both on the fake nests and on those planks (especially at those corners).

What came to my mind was this simple question.

"What can I do to help those nests builders so that they can have their nests up sooner than the normal time taken"?

If I compare those nests that were using my fake nests and direct onto the nesting planks they are much faster.

Two weeks or so you can clearly see the shape of the nests using fake nests ready to receive the two eggs while those that are not assisted looks very slow.

If I can just find a way to assist them I think they will accelerate the process.

I came out with the idea of installing a ready made fake nests onto those saliva markings with fresh bird shits marking on the floor.

The idea that every time I enter any newly revamped BH I shall carry a few of these ready fake nests in my pocket.

If I discover those markings I just have to climb the ladder and fix the fake nest so that these new tenants will have a kind of nest foundation structure.

After fixing the fake nest I will spray them with super pheromone.

I believed that if every markings are treated this way those new tenant will be ready to lay their eggs within 2 weeks.

Try this idea and let see if I am wrong.

Call me at 017 7551318 if you wish to share your opinion on this new idea.






No comments: