Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

NKS: You Have To Assist Your Tenants To Build Their Nests !!!



I just returned home from a follow up visit to Pantai Remis BH.

So far the BH is moving smoothly and I can say that the number of new bird shit spots are on the up swing.

What I like most are those fake nests with marking and some already with ready made nests.

A total of 10 fake nests were taken up and I think there will be more to come.

This BH was put back into operation about 2-3 months ago and I can easily say that the new tenants now is about 50% more than before.

While carrying out my inspection I do discover new markings that are not on any of those fake nests installed.

In my mind I kind of saying to myself why don't I help these new tenants by installing fake nest on those spots that they have selected?

I think if we help them by installing a base (fake nest) at those spots that you know they are fresh, it will help those new tenant to complete their nest making at a much faster rate.

I term this wonderful idea as "Nest-Kick-Start" or NKS.

First you locate those newly erected saliva markings.  Make sure below them there are fresh bird shits.  See the followings as examples:








Once you locate them you quickly install the styrofoam nest.  See example













For a flat area you deploy the 5"X1"x1" shape fake nest and for those marking at those 90* corners you install a triangle fake nest 2"x2"x1".

Once done spray the famous super pheromone on them.

I can assure you that if you continue helping them with their nest erection they will be you tenants at a much faster rate.

Try this simple idea and let help our BH to be populated at a much faster speed.

Call me if you need any quiry on the matter.

Just to remind all we call this NKS.

Everybody say it again NKS or Nest Kick Start.

I will talk a bit more in tomorrow's article.

No comments: