Search This Blog

Saturday, May 17, 2014

The El Nino And Swiftlet Farming !!!


After mobilizing my worker to Rantau and returned home I read this news about El Nino phenomena.

This particular effect will be causing havoc with the water supply and many lakes and ponds will be dried up and with high temperature too.

OK what do you think will happen if your BH is single walled and not roof on the top?

Those BHs with water pond on their roof will brace with this hot weather and many of their tenants will fly away.

As I was writing I cannot imagine what will happen to all the 27 BHs at this Rantau 27 acres of orchard.

Each acre is with a BH four stories tall with a home at the ground floor.

These BHs were build exactly with the same design and with a single layer.

I conducted some temperature tests and they are as high as 35*C at noon time.

If during El Nino the same walls will be above 35*C.

I cannot imagine the effect.

From my experience all these poor birds will be roasted and many will run away from the house to other BHs around it.

I need to persuade one of the 27 owners to upgrade his BH to the maximum.

Currently he is asking me to do up one of the three floors with heat insulation using bubble sheet insulator.

I think he will regret for not doing for all the floors.

If he should, can you imagine where all those birds in the 26 other BHs go to?

I hope he will read this article and soon call me to proceed with the remaining floors.




No comments: