Search This Blog

Monday, July 13, 2009

Birdhouse In A 40 Footer Cabin !!!


Every time I meet a new friend who got themselves involved in swiftlet farming I tend to ask:

"How do you get into this crazy business of swiftlet farming?"

You will be surprised if you collect all their answers. Some were by pure accident, some when their father build one and failed, and some stumbled on my blog.

This new guy's story is interesting.

"Harry I never believed in swiftlet farming and I always told myself that those who got involved in swiftlet farming are a bunch of idiots".

"One day I came across a closed friend who was operating his swiftlet farming secretly, in his agricultural land. This guy operate his BH using a fourty footer container. I was dead sure that he was pulling my legs. One day I went to see myself and checked what my friend was talking about. When I entered the cabin, the roof was fully occupied. Oh my god, unbelievable.

He confessed to me that he was harvesting about rm 1,700 of nests a month for almost 2 years then. You know what? He just called me and told me that he has constructed a BH beside the cabin".

"From that day I never look back. I become very crazy on swiflet farming and each unit that I owned is about RM650,000 excluding the land and piling works."

I plan to own or co-own nothing less then 8 units. Currently have two and my next unit shall be in Minado, Indonesia.

So next time when you meet anybody crazy about swiftlet farming just ask him how he got into it in the first place ........

3 comments:

stv Sudiman said...

Pak Harry, What do u mean by "fourty footer container"? How is it looks like ?

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Steve,
A 40 footer container are those containers carried around by those lorry on the road. They use the containers to store items for export. U can see a lot of them at the port dockyard.

These 40 footers once reach their shelf life, they will be thrown away.....

Well if you are smart U might want to stact some in yard and convert to BH.....

stv Sudiman said...

like this pun ok meh... Bravo !