Search This Blog

Friday, July 17, 2009

If Your Birdhouse Faces Stagnant Growth, What Should You Do ???


Something that no one will be able to answer but I have something that might be of special interest.

I was with a new friend from Ayer Tawar Perak on Thursday July 16th,2009.

This person was very kind to share something that I am very sure will help those who faces with stagnant number of nests in their BH.

"Harry, I have a BH in Ayer Tawar, perak with about 300 nests. At that time the number of nests were not growing very well. Since my BH was pretty new, most of these 300 nests were corner nests."

"One day I decided to install those steel corner covers to all the BH nesting plank corners. What I did was to harvest all the nest, with or without tenant (babies or eggs) inside. I thought this was okay."

"What surprises me was after the nest clearing and corner covers installations, the nest number grew by almost 30%. I believed the cause of the increases were what I did to the nests with those babies and eggs."

"This is similar to what happen when your BH is being burglarised. You automatically gain a good percentage of new nests. But I believed you should not allow your BH to be burglarised too often."

The gist of this conversation is that if you have problem with stagnant growth, the best thing that you should do is to harvest those nests with or without the tenant.

I am sure you will not be happy with the suggestion but nothing to loose for just one time and see what happen.

Remember do not do that too often. Yes you should only do that if your BH faces stagnant growth for many months.

I hope this beautiful idea will not be taken as a negative point of view.

Unless you have a much better suggestion, please let me and the rest of those who wanted to know how to reactivate, it is better not to make any silly comments.

No comments: