Search This Blog

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Dual Entry Holes BH Concept !!!!


I was never given a chance to visit any BH using dual entrance holes before.

The recent visit to Pekan Nenas, Johore makes me a new person. It changes my mind set and the way of answering any questions related to the type of entrance holes that I will recommend.

"Pak Harry, which entrance hole is better. The top entry or dog kennel type?"

My usual answer used to be:

When you build a new BH you will greatly dependent on those young birds generated by your neighbors or those successful BHs around you. Go and check their entrance types and use the same type.

What if there are both types in your area?

If you choose the top entry then you will not be able to harvest those youngsters from the dog kennel or side entry type of house.

Likewise if you choose the side entry, you will also loose those that prefer top entry.

The only way out is to have both types in your design. No big deal about loosing additional ceiling spaces because you can now have a 100% chances as compared to only 50%.

I was in Kota Bahru during one of my trip. One of the most successful BH I saw belongs to John Chen. I am cock sure the unit I saw was with dual entrance holes.



This might be one of those confidential design systems which John must have adopted.

In Setiawan,Perak, I saw the same phenomena. One of John Chen's BH seem to ooze those birds from the top and not the side entry like before.

I was wondering why? Now I think I got the answer.

I am excited over this new finding and I hope it will helps to reduce our swiftlet's BHs failure rates in Malaysia.

Those who wanted to know more please call me for further elaboration.



No comments: