Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What Went Wrong With A BH in Kuantan !!!


Today I visited a BH in Kuantan Pahang that seem to be vacant for almost 12+ months in operation.

The owner&son wanted my advise/service to turn-around his sick BH. He cannot determined what went wrong with the house. More then 12 months and there were only 12 nests.

I feel very honored to be invited and I told him/son that I will do my best to determine the reasons and perhaps provide with the possible solutions.

In the beginning, I thought the main reason might due to its wrong location.

To my surprised the location was marvellous. There were a few successful BH in the same row, one at the back and one more in front.

There were at least 200+ birds flying around the area when we arrived .

The owner wanted to show me what he got but I suggested to play the "Black Cloud" external sound that I am very proud of.

Immdietly after we played the BC, those 200+ birds flocked over his roof top and they were jumping into the BH.

I told him that the "Black Cloud" seem to be a perfect solution for his house.

Uncle, there is nothing wrong with the location and the birds seem to be entering your BH. There must be something terrible in the BH that is causing the birds not wanting to stay. Let me enter the house and carry out my inspection.

Before entering I told them about the right procedures before they enter their BH.

Do not enter the BH without shutting down the sounds plus switch on the light for at least two minutes. The idea was to train those birds that the owner is coming in. Please be prepared and do not jump out the nests. They might kick their eggs out of the nests.

I made a very closed observation on the BH lay out, the entrance areas, the LAL, the tweeters positioning, the room darkness, the partitioning and took note on some of those things that were not right.

Started from the ground floor then moved to the upper floor.

When we were on the upper floor there were at least 20 birds still flying around in the roving room. I believed the "Black Cloud" external sound seem to make them crazy and do not want to leave the house. After the sound was off, the light were switched opened and we were downstairs they still do not want to leave the house.

This might be the power of my "Black Cloud".

I paid special attention at the roof opening section and keep a very close eyes on those tweeters.

The LAL area were not adequately placed with those pull tweeters. The petitioning were not properly done and the nesting planks were not to my satisfaction.

No fake nests and not goodies to attract those wild birds.

After more then 45 minutes I told them that I was ready to sit somewhere to discuss their BH problems.

Listed to him at least 20 correction items that he needed to carry out. Most of them were basic however the biggest issue was the nesting planks wrong installations.

If I can I would like to bring down all the nesting planks and reattach them onto the ceiling.

With my sincere approach I can see the glow on their face.

I told them boldly that their BH have a very very strong possibility of becoming a successful unit.

Due to their lack of knowledge plus the fact that the contractor they earlier engaged did a horrible work those birds simply refuse to stays.

If they follow the recommendations they will get them back into the house, I promised them.

I drove back to KL happily and got home by 9.00 pm.

Glad on what I have done and I told him to call me to activate the BH once all the correction works were done.

I am sure there are many more sick BH that need my attention.

To those who faced the same delima,ie empty BH, just call 017 755 1318. You might get the answers that for years you have been waiting for.

3 comments:

stv Sudiman said...

Harry's work is effective. Daytime just finished inspection & discussion at Kuantan. Night time oredi update the blog with latest news. Thank you, Harry. =D

stv Sudiman said...

Can't find another swiftfarming blogger who is so dedicated to share with ppl. Daytime at Kuantan, doing inspection & duscussion. Night time back at KL, quickly update his blog to share with others. Thanks Harry. =D

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Steve, thank U for the compliment. I did my best and I enjoy helping people. I want the owner to feel happy with the thing that I am good at.

Not many people will do what I am doing and I am honored to be your advisor.

Please try to carry out as many correction works as you can and let me come back and activate the BH.

I do not want to misguide you but I guarantee you that based on what I saw yesterday you have a very strong chance of turning around the failed BH.