Search This Blog

Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Birdhouse With Six Entrance Holes !!!!




Have anyone ever visited a BH with more then six (6) entrance holes?

I was invited to join a short visit to Klang to see a new BH completed about one month ago.

The owner engaged an experience builder from West Java.

When I first stepped out of the car I saw nothing strange about the unit. On first observation I saw that the external walls were all exposed to the sun without any cement plaster. Those red bricks walls seem to be directly exposed to the hot sun.

The owner claimed that he installed a two layered bricks system. Internal walls are made of low density bricks with a gap of one inch.

He also make a provision of having a water pool (drain) around each floor internally. This will provide natural humidity and cooling system for the house.

When I stepped closer I was happy that the house was laid with a kind of water trap all around the house (externally). The reason given was to prevent any ants from crossing. It make good sense I told myself.





Then I tried to look at the entrance hole. Where are they?

Oh yes the hole was facing the green. Hmm the hole looks good but there were three of them. This was the first surprise.

The owner told me another surprise. We have another three on the other side of the building.

Another three, so you have six altogether? I asked.

Yes, six of them.

But why six?

Well these holes will be closed and only one shall be opened once we know for sure which hole they preferred. He answered.

Hmm .. ... I just could not figured out what he meant by later he will shut all of them.

Something very strange and the more you venture into swiftlet farming the more weired things will be there in front of you.

I was concerned over those bright lights coming in, the air flow in and etc.

At the moment I cannot understand the real logic to having so many entrance holes in a small (20feet X 50feetx3 stories).

You need to see to believe.



No comments: