Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Met With Vicky & Dad From Vietnam !!!

Last night arrived Kuala Lumpur from Penang. Stop at Island Hospital for a small check on my piles.

The doctor took not more then 2 minutes to check and tie the 2nd class piles. Need to see him again next three weeks.

Last night quickly drove to Radius Hotel, KL to meet an Indonesian guy name Dani. He wanted my "Black Cloud" sound for his Brother.

This morning was with Vicky and her Dad who happened to be in Malaysia to do some business.

I was hoping to be a short meeting but it dragged from 9.00am till 11.00am.

A typical BH owner who built a BH and later found that the BH cannot attract the birds to enter the house and stays.

"Pak Harry, what do you think are the problems?"

Hmmm...... as usual I tried to explain about the gist of swiftlet farming.

I found out the whole incidents how her father went over to Indonesia and visited a few BHs. The moment he reaches home he built one and expect those birds to populate the new BH instantly.

With very little knowledge about these special birds he :blind fold" and erected a BH and expect the house to be full in a year or two.

Nothing was done to check the suitability of the land, the bird's flying path, the bird call test count, choose the right type of entrance hole and etc, etc.

I am very amused with these common mistakes and once their BH is empty then only they will start searching for the solutions.

Yes the prefer to make those costly mistakes and try to find the right solutions after that?

Why can't they do some research and perhaps attend some courses to know in depth before spending those money?

A none performing new BH can have 1001 reasons but the most important are the basic designs I told her.

What your dad did was not right and now he realised those basic design flaws.

I wish I can be or more helps but at the moment he need to re look into the design.

Perhaps close those top entry and open only one side entrance hole. Yes you open the one facing the path coming home. (The birdhouse now is with four side entrances and one top entry)

You cannot have four holes at any one time. Those birds will enter one and then fly our through the other holes.

I wish I could list all the points I made.

More then two hours and I hope some of the points discuss were useful when they are back in Vietnam.

I guess that was how it started and it will continue until some days the whole procedures will change for the better !!!

No comments: