Search This Blog

Monday, August 17, 2009

Open Zinc Roof BH In Sibu !!!



I just cannot miss this strange entrance hole made of a simple zinc roof.

The BH was just opposite the RH hotel and I am pretty sure the number of birds entering the house was in the thousands.

In Sibu, I was told that there were at least 10 BHs operated in the town areas. Most of these houses were successful and main reason being the number of BHs were very little as compared to the number of birds.

As far as Sarawak is concerned, there were at least 3,000 BHs in operation. Most are illegal except three.

The irony is that the every application for operating licence are said to be under process. If you ask the officer in charge when will the process be completed, the answer will be "God only knows?"

If this continues I think the farmers and the authorities will have lots of hide and seek activities.

To me, I see Sarawak as one of the most potential state to be the "Hub of Swiftlet Farming In Malaysia".

The state have varse greens, rivers, lakes, forest and very few BHs.

If Peninsular Malaysia, with the same land mass size, have at least 35,000 BHs, Sarawak only have about 3,000 (mostly illegal).

If I am the state chief I will turn Sarawak into the most attractive place to invest into swiftlet farming.

I will allow developers or land owners to create "Swiftlet Eco Park" around those towns that have plentiful of BHs.

I will also encourage the developers to encourage investors from countries like China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, Singapore, Canada and etc to buy those units.

I will target the state to built let say 30,000 BHs within 10 years. I will aim to produce a quantity of nests that will be worth say 3 billion.

All swiftlet farming will be under a department that will legalise the industry as long as they are properly located, designed and follow s strick BH operating procedures.

With 30,000 BHs I think the Facifagus bird species should be then removed from the endangered list??????

The special department created will provide all the technology to ensure that those birds can be easily lured into any new BHs and all the nests shall be channelled to a collection center to ensure that they are processed, graded and exported in accordance to the state strigent quality system.

Within 10 years the state will draw in a foreign money income of 3 billion and climbing every year.

This 3 billion income can easily surpass those income from all the palm oil plantation in the State.

Sarawak have the best potential. I was made to understand that the swiftlet size are big. This seem to be due to plentiful of food supply. The nests produced are bigger in size and mostly crystal white.

Just imagine having the Rakyat to own a BH each.

Everyone benefit from a "Gift From The Sky".

(Note: The above article are just my sincere opinion, for the love swiftlet farming and I do not have any intension of harming or redicule any individual, group, companies or department. Please bear in mind I am not politically motivated.)

No comments: