Search This Blog

Monday, September 14, 2009

The Sunken Bird House In Sarikei !!!!



Pak Harry, would you like to see a BH that was build very low as if it was sunk into the ground?"

Wow, this must be very interesting. I have never seen or heard about such a unique design before. Sink your BH into the ground !!!!

Inside my mind, this must be something interesting.

The moment I saw the BH, I tried to figure out what my driver was telling me.

Hmmm.... yes it looks as if the BH is lowered into the ground.

This BH owner must have the idea to reduce the heat by putting half (5 feet) of the ground floor into the ground.

Weired but something that I think might work (temperature wise).

Since I was not able to enter to view the inside I can safely say that gaining of heat does not mean that you gain the attention of the birds.

If you sink your BH, you in actual fact reduce the building height.

If you surroundings are filled with tall trees or other tall BHs you will be in the disadvantage.

What if your BH areas flooded? I would think that the whole floor with be filled with water when those ventilation holes reaches the water depth???

Just be very careful on what you are trying to do. Better avoid things that might happened.

Anyway enjoy the various pictures taken.





No comments: