Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Installed Four Soundless Humidifiers In Rawang BH !!!



The last few days I was tied up with some upgrading works at a Rawang BH.

Managed to put together a few additional gadgets plus those soundless humidifiers.

The most important was the Hexagonal Tower. Place a unit just above the entrance hole. The unit have its own independent amplifier.

Then I reinstalled all external sound tweeters with a medium size tweeter (piezo made). Prior to this the contractor placed more then one type of tweeters and limited to about three. The first area of concern was the entrance hole area. Then the tunnel into the roving areas.

I have decided to increase the number of tweeters to almost double.

The next was the entrance areas into the nesting rooms. I doubled the tweeters too.

The last was the back tweeters far back inside the nesting rooms.

My third scope was to install those soundless humidifiers. Before installation I monitored the nesting room temperature and humidity. Before installation the high was 32*C and 80%RH. The low was 28*C and 65%RH.

Immediately after the installation, four units, the high recorded was 29*C and 97%RH. The low was 28*C and 90%RH. I did shut down those ventilation holes. Maybe those rain helps to reduce the BH internal temperatures.


Minimum Temperature and Humidity (after installing four humidifiers and run from 9:30am till 10:00pm).



Maximum Temperature and Humidity (after installing four humidifier and running from 9:30am till 10:00pm).



Fourth items installed was a CCTV camera facing the entrance hole. With this new gadget I can easily monitor the birds flying in and out of the BH. No need to enter the BH too often. I will be using this to count the birds entering in the evening.

Fifth was the installation of fake nests in two nesting rooms. Placed about 20 nests each. Some were made of aluminium, plastic and Styrofoam.

I also apply some aroma, a new BH aroma, plus some bird nest soak in warm water.

I promised to inspect the BH every week to check it's performances. Need to regularly check the sound effectiveness. If they are not crowding the rooftop, I will change my sound.






























No comments: