Search This Blog

Thursday, January 3, 2008

I Am A Very Lucky Person So Far .....



I am a very lucky person and I think the idea of creating this swiftlet farming blog have generated many friends. Most of them are newbie but some are experience enough to provide the necessary help if required.

As you all are well aware, it takes a lot of hard work to really know the ins and out about swiftlets. No matter how much U learn from books, having your own birdhouses, visit to other people birdhouse and many more, U are still not 100% perfect in knowing exactly the real behavior of this wonderful creature.

During my involvement, now close to 5 years, I met many experience birdhouse Sifus and I am glad most of them until today become my good friends. We meet each other, we talk on the phone and we exchange ideas if there are things to talk about.

I wish this year, 2008, I will be able to do more research on swiftlet farming and I hope to update my blog with all those that are relevant to the community.

The idea is to share the findings and hopefully those who are new and wanted help, or advises or guidance has a place to call home.

I am sure those of you who visit my blog agrees with my wish.

Have a good week........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello harry,

Read yr blog wt interest, how is yr 5 years old farm doing (since you mentioned that you had 5 years experiences in swiftlet farming).

I thought you only started swiftlet farming not too long ago as your earlier posts mentioned that your farm nests are not so many where upper floor is still not been occupied by swiftlets yet.

If it is truth that your farm is already 5 years old, is that good or bad???

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

showmethemoney,
I mentioned that I got involved in birdnest about five years. I took about a year to be convinced that it is a good opportunity.
After very deep study and introduced to a piece of property, i managed to have my own.
Since then the house is getting better every month.
Hope to get latest by tommorow.

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

The first floor eventually with birdnests. The nests were made above those styrofoams fake nest that I put about two months back.

The gound floor seem to be more favourable. There are a couple of new nests.

All those nest that I harvested about two months ago seem to be with new one and there are a few with baby birds.

I am impressed.