Search This Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2008

What A Wonderful Day: Attended A Seminar on Birdnest Farming !!!!


This morning started my journey to Seremban, Negeri Sembilan at about 7.30 am.

I was driving at full speed and I am sure if there were any police tracking on high speed cars, I will one of them. Was running at 140 K/Hr.

The reason being, Mr Zamri, one of my birdnest friend told me that the seminar starts at 8.00 am. He was wrong and I was stupid .....

The Seminar started at about 9.00 am at Allson Klana Hotel in Seremban.

There were many prominent speakers and the best were, they represent Jabatan Haiwan, Jabatan Pertanian, Bank Pertanian, Disease Control Lab and a Birdnest Farming Developer.

The best to me is the certificate received by all attandees including a Dato. There were about 59 attendees and about 37 were Chinese and 22 were Malays.

The organiser is a Private firm called Swiftlet Impact located at Medan Mara, Jalan Raja Laut, Kuala Lumpur.

There were three exhibitors who brought with them some products that were interesting. Two showing thair range of swiftlets equipments and one was specifically on a development project in Lukut semilar to that of Eco- Birdhouse Complex in Manjung Perak.

There were so many things that I gathered and I hope will be able to write on this blog within the next few days.

Most interesting that I wanted to focus are:

1) The latest guidelines on swiftlet farming from Jabatan Perkhidmatan Haiwan.

2) Bank Pertanian Loans for Swiftlet Farming.

3) Jabatan Haiwan's specific funtions in supporting Swiftlet Industries.

Will try to crack my head during the week end. For the moment let me rest for a few hours.

Just trying to tease some of you, I bought some of those products exhibited and I am sure they will be up in my birdhouse during this Chinese New Year. Hmmm I got four full days to get more birds coming to my house .. He he he he.....

No comments: