Search This Blog

Friday, April 11, 2008

New Fake Nests Testing !!!

One of the best way to increase the number of birds population in your birdhouse is by installing fake nests.

There many available in the market. Some are made of plastics, some are plastics covers with cloth, styrofoam, paper, lasi lemak cover, coconut shell and so forth.

Recently I was asked to try a new type using wood pieces laced with swiftlet hormone.

In view of making it a worth while venture, I am looking at having a few volunteers to place the wooden pieces in their birdhouses.

Each will be given three pieces and I can only spare for five volunteers.

The units, upon received, shall be installed in an area where there are still no birds nesting.

They must be placed about one meter away of each other.

The volunteer must report the progress on a monthly basis.

If this new type of fake nest works then it will be something that need to be recommended to all by blog readers who happenned to have their own birdhouses.

This is going to be on a first come first served basis ....

Sent me your email and contact number and I will look into allocating the fake nest by next week ....

Use my email address: harryswiftlet@yahoo.com with the title: Volunteer to Try Harry's Fake nest.

1 comment:

weilian said...

Come! I'll give it a try!

Rgds,
lee.weilian@gmail.com