Search This Blog

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Sound Converter Testing Scheduled In Telok Gong, Klang !!!


Been planning to test the black box that I got during my recent trip to KT.

There were many methods and place to conduct the test.

Yesterday, I finally decided to call a good friend who operates his BH in Telok Gong.

"Sorry Harry, on Sunday got to be at the grave yard, Sembayang to the spirits (Cheng Beng Festival last day). So how about Monday?".

Oh yes, I told him.

He was also keen to get to know more about the product.....

I am sure if the test goes well, it will be of great help to those who's BH are too close to those houses around the BH.

If it failed, I need to look at another brand .....

4 comments:

Christopher.Loke said...

Hi Harry,

Actually, how does this device works? Does it convert the normal bird crip to High frequency audio?
At what range of the frequency does it work? Is this the right range for swiftlet?

Sorry to ask such questions because I really interested to know more about this device.

Cheers

Chris

K L said...

Hi, Harry,

What equipment is this ?

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Chris & Yong,

I believed that the converter convert the audio sound to a higher frequency sound above the 20Khz range.
Unfortunately my test at TGong was not successful.
I have Mr.N to test at his house and see the outcome.
I have also am trying to get another brand from Pak J for a round of trial.
If the box is usefull, I will surely let all of U know trhe outcome. We need to share these informations.....

Christopher.Loke said...

Hi Harry,

From what I've found from the internet, the swiflets use sounds with a frequency between 4.5 and 7.5 kHz. (See below quoted message)
Since 7.5 kHz is still within humans hearing range, how could the swiflets detect the ultrasonic sound which is higher than 20 kHz?

"Several species of cave dwelling birds use echolocation similar to bats to detect objects around them in the dark. Swiftlets from S.E. Asia, also known because some of them produce the nests used in making bird-nest soup, use sounds with a frequency between 4.5 and 7.5 kHz to navigate in the caves they nest in."