Search This Blog

Friday, April 4, 2008

This Is How Your Swiftlet Cling On Your BH Tweeter !!!

I am very lucky to have this photo taken while visiting Mr.W BH in Kuala Trengganu.

It was pretty dark and after snapping more then 10 times, I managed to get this that I believed will help to understand how important is a tweeter.

The moment the birds enter your BH, they will normally fly toward the tweeter. The baby cry sound makes the bird feel save and they love to cling close to the sound.

If you look at this picture and interprete how it can help you in your BH design, I think it will be beneficial.

Just look at it carefully and jot down what U learned from it:

(DOUBLE CLICK FOR MORE DETAILS)


To me I have the followings to consider:

a) I will make sure all my tweeters in the nesting rooms face the entrance hole where the bird enter my nesting room.

b) I will put as many as I can to use it as a fake nest. Minimum I will use 2 per square meter and maximum of 4 per square meter.

c) I will also ensure that all my tweeters are covered with a wire mesh of 1cm by 1 cm square allowing the birds to cling closer to the sound source.

d) I prefer to use the rectangular shape piezo tweeters as compared to those square shapes. It gives me more surface areas for those birds to rest.

e) I will mount the tweeters horizontally so that the surface areas of the tweeters are of more use to the birds.



I can't wait to built more bird houses with all the above criterias in place....

The next one might be in Bentong or Rawang or Ijok or Setiawan .........

Hope the above are usefull and informative ....

No comments: