Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Speaker At GAPH Seminar In Ipoh !!!



Received an unofficial invitation to deliver a speech at Ipoh GAPH seminar on Sunday last week.

After some thought I confirmed acceptence of the invitation and prepared the powerpoint slides for the purpose. I took about two hours to get it ready.

Once ready passed the document to the Organiser for vetting.

I was so pleased that the presentation material was cleared with very little corrections.

Yesterday morning, at 5.30am, started the journey to Ipoh with two blog readers who was keen enought to join me for the two hours drive.

We reached Ipoh at around 7.30am and managed to taste Ipoh kopitiam breakfast.

At 8.30am reported to the seminar and got the two guys checked in to participate as participants.

I did not mentioned to them that I will be one of the speaker for the day. I waited until being announced by the Organiser. (Frankly I was still not sure that I am one of the speaker. If not, MALU only ???)

The seminar started sharp at about 9.00am and the room was fulled with about 40 swiftlet farmers attended.

Since I have attended two similar talks before, there were nothing much to learn but the announcement about Bank Pertanian Malaysia being privetised was some news. They now called themself as Agro Bank as from April 1st 2008.

I waited for turn and since I was the last speaker, I find the day was very slow to reach my turn.

At about 4.00pm, the announcement was made and I pushed myself onto the center stage. Keep praying that this maiden talk will be well received and will not put those tired participants to sleep.

I took exactly one hour to cover all the topics and wow it was beautiful. Dr.R was the first to congratulate me on the topics covered and the way I delivered. According to him that it was very impressived and lots of important points both for the newbies and those who are planning to expand their BH farms.

Well there were many more participants who walked up to say thank you for the informations covered and they have asked me to post the topics covered onto my Swiftlet Farming blog.

The two guys who came together with me was suprised with my topics and they love the way I could remember the things that I covered without looking at the slides presentation.

I know, deep in my heart, I can be a good speaker and this opening talk might be the beginning of my involvement in more GAPH Seminars. Hope to receive more invitation from Dr.R.







5 comments:

Ben Gan said...

Now that your talent is proven, bigger and better things are in store for you.

Congratulations! Harry.

Christopher.Loke said...

Harry,
Congratulation! I hope this GAPH can come to Johor soon. Please let me know when it come to the Johor or southern area.

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Ben,
Just received a sms from Dr Reduan "Harry hi, ur presentation was great. I enjoyed it. Would like to invite U to talk at our coming CMG seminar on 29th April 2008 at Holiday Villa, Alor Star."

I responded saying that I am honoured to be in his team to promote healthy swiftlet farming operation in Malaysia.

Chris,
The Ipoh GAPH organiser plan to do his round in Johore. As such U need to be on the look out for the date.

Tirok said...

Congratulations Harry! Hope to see you as speaker in this seminar in KT. Can you ask Dr.Reduan when is KT's turn.

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

Tirok,
Madam Loh of Borneo Agrotech, indicated to me recently that whe will be handling the seminar in KT and KB sometime next month.

I will keep U inform the date and place.