Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Interesting Progress At Bentong BH !!!

The number of birdshit spots on both floors are increasing.

A very interesting observation after lauching the BH for almost 6 weeks.

The BH now looks good. Internally no major problems. The floors were okay and not too wet. The humidity is 90% but the temperature on the upper floor is a bit on the high side.

The humidifier water level was perfect and the whole house smell of those aromas (birdshit, faece powder and wall aromas) were adequate.

On 29/7 the number of birdshit spots were 7 for upper and 6 for lower floor.

On 19/8 the number swelled to 16 for upper and 13 on the lower floor.

I am not very sure if the same group of swiftlets are changing their sleeping place but they looks good.

One other observation is that the size of the shit spot are increasing in size. I mean their numbers are more and spreading.

There are also more numbers of bird shit around the far corner of the house. Many are single and double.

They seem to prefer the back end of the BH. Both floors are showing the same pattern.

What I did was to circle the birdshit spots with colored white board chalks.

On the first visit (29/7) I used white and on second visit (19/8) I used pink.

For my next trip I might want to move using red.

The size of each circle made must only accommodate the shit spot. You see when the same spot increases its number and extend beyong the original circle, you can now enlarge the circle.

This will tell you that the birds are staying at the same spot and not moving to other spot.

Externally, at around 7.30 pm Bentong now is under seiged with those Martin birds who, I believed, are on the migreatory route from somewhere. There are many thousands of them and the whole town is currently swamped with Martins.

All wire cables along the roads are fully occuppied with Martins.

With so many of them around I cannot enjoy viewing those Swiftlets entering my BH.

2 comments:

K L said...

Any sign of nest markings ?

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

I don't think there are any yet. I did spend some time looking for one but there were none. I hope by another two or three weeks there will be. Will keep all my blog readers posted.