Search This Blog

Thursday, August 7, 2008

What Happened If Your Neighbor Is So Uncoorperative To Your New Birdhouse???

I was watching a TV program last night and my mobile phone rang.

It was from someone new since his name was not registered on my mobile list of friends.

I tried to be very nice and managed to have some good talk about his problem.

"Harry, what should I do if my neighbors are all against my BH? This couple stays in a shoplot about 2 lots away. They seem to be harrassing me and make complains to the local council. I have not yet complete the house and no sound being played. I also heard that they are holding a press release on the matter."

I was stunned and could not even think properly.

Hmm.... Banyak susah ....

Well Mr.K, I am not sure what to advise you. The best is to stop the operation for a while and let the couple cool down. Maybe you should try to talk some sense to the couple. How about your arrange to meet the Birdhouse Owner Association Presiden and bring up the matter?

"I did. I met the president and told him about my problem. It seem that the president knows the said couple and they are very difficult to talk to."

Hmm... So what can I do to help?

"Can you talk to the couple's relative?"

Who are you referring to?

"Your Birdhouse partner?"

What, you mean my partner is related to the couple? Oh blind me, why must it be that way? Oh shit why why why !!!

"Yes Harry please help. My boss will be very piss off if I cannot manage this project."

Aye ye ye ye .... This is not an easy things to do. I do not want my partner to be involved. He might be very pissed if I bring out this matter to him.

Okay I will try and there is no promise that he will take up the matter with his so call relative.....

"Yes Harry, thank you very much. Just give at least a shot. What ever the outcome I am willing to hear from you."

I was a bit upset but for the sake of a BH owner I will try my best.

Called my partner and talk about it and he explained that he is not very close with that relative and he know very well that these two are a very stubborn lot who will not listen to reasons.

Aye ye ye ye. I am very confused and beginning to feel the stress.

Well I have done what I promised to do. So I just need to give Mr.K a call and tell him the exact conversation. Talked to him and he took it very well.

"Well Harry you have done your best and I appreciate your help. You are a man of your words. Thank you again. Let me figure out what will be my next options."

Well this is something that will happen if you are not that lucky.

I talked to the Secretary of the BH association and he told me something that all BH owners should do:

1) If you decide to turn a shophouse to BH please be a bit discreet with the renovation. Do the work quitely and ensure that all the materials arrived be kept in the BH. Don't display along the corridor and invite trouble.

2) Try to have a proper plan to ensure that the BH will not be blasting those noise to the neighbors. Make sure you use the open roof entrance so that the sound will be deflected upward.

3) You need to ensure that the BH is always clean. No Birdshits on the floor or in the shop's drain. Have a proper plan on how and when to remove those bird shits. Use faeces powder to create the amonia smell.

4) Your BH sound, both external and internal must be played at the right time of the day. The best is not to play the sound in the morning but only in the evening from 3 pm till 7 pm. Th volume shall not be too loud and causing your neighbors to loose their sleep. Use digital timers to control those amplifiers.

5) You BH should be properly insulated so that the internal sound will not leak out. Some selfish BH owners never use their head. They make the walls with metal plates with lots of ventilation holes. The design is not sound proof and those internal sound can be heard a few 10 meters away.

6) Join the local BH owner's association where your BH is in operation. Get closed with the commitee members expecialy the President. Make sure you attend their regular meeting to know what and how to handle difficult situations.

7) Be nice with the Local Council People and be cooperative with them. Ask them for help on how not to disturb their neighbor. Allow them to brief you all the guidelines required and follow them to the dot....

Well I hope you have learn something from this article.....

No comments: