Search This Blog

Monday, August 25, 2008

Tweeter Failed In Less Then 6 Months !!!

This is the price you pay for using those cheap tweeters.

For my Bentong BH I installed a second hand mobile phone that I load every month about 5 ringgit. The unit was connected to a hand's free set and I hung its receiver at one of those cheap tweeter that I used as a test set.

Two days ago I make my routine call to the phone number(017 9388913 You might want to try) and there was no sound coming out.

In my mind I started to guess what are the probable reasons.

These might be:

1) The tweeter failed to work.
2) The amplifier is having a kind of problem and there is no sound to my entrance hole.
3) The power supply to the house tripped.

There were a few more that come to my mind. To feel more assured I called my partner to check. He too feel the same.

We immediately make a trip to check the cause. We cannot allow the house be running without those sound. No sound means no birds.

We drove and the moment we arrived we heard the external sound playing. Hmm no problem with electricity or the amplifier.

We entered the Data Room and yes the test tweeter was out.

I shook the tweeter and it start to give those sqeeky sound. If I should have installed this in the BH, can you imagine the effect to those wild birds?

So the lesson here is that you should try to use those quality type of tweeters with those capacitors soldered. Get something that can last for at least two to three years and not 6 months.

Go for something that is motorola quality with piezo technology......

Lucky that we have a few spare tweeters in our drawer.

Set the new new tweeter, check the house and off we go....

No comments: