Search This Blog

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Should You Be Nice With Someone Who Failed To Deliver !!!

Well I just wanted to write something about how nice some people can be.

I was in Seremban, N9 and met one of my blog reader. He is a matured and elderly person.

He has two BHs in the same town but both are not doing that well.

The worse is the unit that is sitting just beside a very successful BH (wall-to-wall) and yet he got less then 15 nests after 10 months in operation.

Why? Well the answer lies on his "Good Heart".

He could not fire his "Consultant" since the contract period is about 2 months to go.

Hmm... what a guy but I admired his determination to stay cool for 10 months.

Well he took me for a visit and I just could not understand how people claimed to be a "Consultant" by doing so little to make the house confortable for those birds.

If you next door neighbour is harvesting 3 kilograms a month, why is that you cannot even have 15 complete nests after 10 months???

After having a good look inside and outside, I saw some glaring reasons why his BH is not attracting those wild birds.

1) The house was as bright as the full moon. The top floor was more like a summer day. The Guru seem to know very little about building a BH.

2) Number of tweeters were not adequate. All tweeters seem to be those cheap tweeters with no brand printed on them. The same tweeters were used for both the internal and external.

3) The room, especially upstairs, temperture and humidity were closed to the outside environment. (No thermo Hygrometer were made available to check).

4) Not a single humidifier were made available.

5) No special aroma being used.

6) The entrance hole was the open roof type while the neighbour is using side entrance.

And many many more to add.

When I was at the back of the BH I saw those wide opening on the side wall used by his neighbour and streams on birds flying in and out.

"Why can you follow what your neighbour is doing? Just do exactly what he did. Break open a hole in the wall and see what happen?".

Well Harry, I just do not want to upset my "consultant" and my neighbour. I don't want them to say that I do not honor the contract and that I steal their swiftlets.

"When did the neighrbour owed those wild swiftlets? Those birds are gift from God and they do not belongs to any one, my dear friend".

"So you think by using the open roof your birds are coming from somewhere else?" I asked him.

I have this good heart and I don't like to upset others.

Hmm....I shook my head and could never say much more but I told him that I dare to cut my little finger if he open the hole and it is not successfull like his neighbour. Of course he needs to make some arrangments to upgrade those internal features.

In my heart, I just feel that if this guy wanted to be successful he need to change his mindset. He need to be a bit more agressive and make the right decision. If he continue to please others all the time then what happen to his own heart.

The most important lesson here is that if you wanted to be a successful BH farmer you need to be a bit agressive and forget about pleasing everybody around you all the time. You do need to be reasonable but you have to be responsible to those who invested with you in your farm.

I hope he will one day change his mind and call me to help him to reorganise the BH.

I am willing to buy over the unit if he is not keen to do anything, I told him....

1 comment:

K L said...

F d CONsultant ! I m sure d CONsultant would b more than happy to be terminated if he is paid off the balance payment.
Get out of this bloody CONsultant ASAP !