Search This Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Burglar Alarm: Self Contained Motion Detector !!!

I have been doing some facts findings about how to get a gadget that can help to alert me if my BH is being broken into.

Among the many gadget identified I think the best, the easiest to install and the cheapest is this PIR system.

The PIR is a self contained motion detector with build in GSM modem for sending SMS text to your mobile phone.

All you need is a GSM pay-as-you-go SIM card with some credit in it and insert into the gadget. You then plug the power supply to it and before that mount it at those strategic locations that you feel the intruder will enter your BH.



To activate the system all you need to do is to send an activation password and for a few short seconds the alarm system will be on.

From then on when the sensor detects motion you will receive an SMS informing you of any intruder.

You can also hear the activities happening at the station installed.

If you coupled with a CCTV camera you can view what is happening there.





Hmm..... I think I will try this.

All you need is about two or three.

Each unit is only about RM 650 to RM 800 ringgit.

This is the way to go and I am sure you will have less nightmares.

No comments: