Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2011

In The Dark They Fly At A Much Slower Speed To Avoid Bangging The Walls !!!


At last the CCTV broadcasting of Kuantan Koop BH  using those broadband gadget was put into its operation.

The first thing I wanted to observe was their flying behaviors when flying in the dark.

I have been monitoring their flying pattern and I can say that most of the time when they enter the nesting room areas they will slow down and try to enter the VIP room.

The slowing down is mainly because they cannot see those walls but have to depend on the echolocation reading to avoid collision.

They also fly at low as 3 feet above the floor level, at time.

The birds needs adequate space and my advise is to remove any high structures like stools or ladders to be remove from the nesting room areas.

Some will prefer to stay in the main hall but more then 60% will prefer to enter the hidden room(s) at the back.

They know how to lower their flight path so that the cement beam will not block they way into the enclosed room.

Have a look at this CCTV clip that uses infra red camera.

This video clip shows that the birds prefer the VIP room(s) more than staying at the main hall area.  Inside this specially designed BH it has two VIP rooms.  The far back is VVIP room while at the front is the VIP room.

They might feel much safer and secured when far away from the entrance hole.

I might not be always right but the video clip tells us the real picture.

I also snapped some pictures of their shit on the plastic mat that I covered the VIP rooms floor.

Take a good look at the spots they created and I would say that they were encouraging.

(PS: The date on the pictures were wrongly set.  My mistake.  It should have been 19/04/2011)











No comments: