Search This Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Less Than 2 Weeks The Waste Wood Corners Were Occupied !!!



Do you think those waste wood corners works ?

If they really works than from now on try not to throw them away once you have completed the nesting planks installation.  You can cut them into small pieces ( about 7 to 9 inches in length) and nailed them on the nesting planks especially inside your VIP rooms.

My recent installation in Kuantan, Pahang shows a very encouraging results.


I specially cut a good quality nesting planks at my warehouse and brought them over for some experiment.


They were installed mainly inside the VIP rooms ( this particular unit has two VIP rooms) at the perimeter of the two rooms where the nesting planks are nailed to the cement walls.


After less than two weeks there were more then 10 pieces with single and some double nest markings.


I was very pleased with the result and I am sure you do too.


This particular idea came to my attention when I visited a BH in Kota Bahru, Kelantan about two months ago.


I was invited to visit a newly revamped BH done by one of my student Mr E.


He was very proud with the BH and while inspected the BH I saw this nesting plank extension that was said to be done by his Indonesian workers who happened to be innovative.


The following pictures gives you some reasons to think carefully before you decided to dump the wood into those waste bin.













Please take note that the BH which I conducted the test was with about 100 nests.  The number of birds staying so far is more then 250 birds.

They seems to occupy those waste wood corners that are very closed to those already occupied 90* corners made by the nesting plank.

They love the additional corners created for them to start their own nests.

My idea is to install as many of these as possible, preferably about 1 foot apart, and once both 90* corners are occupied I will allow the birds to have one cycle period.  Once their babies flew away the nests will be harvested and the wood removed.

Once they return home to start a new home, hopefully, they will still choose the same spot.  This time their nests will be on the plank that will be flat.

In this was I can create a full bra shape nests on the same spot.

A marvelous idea that was never shared with no body before.........

(PS: The date setting on the pictures were wrongly set by the camera shop lady.  It should be 21/4/2011)

No comments: