Search This Blog

Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Plot Of Land That Have Ready Made Ponds !!!



Last weekend I was engaged by a newbie who recently attended my Swiftlet Farming Seminar in Lumut.

"Pak Harry, I need you to check a piece of land which I bought about 20 years ago."






Hmm.... I wonder why he kept the land unattended for 20 years.  If he has one BH 20 years ago, by now he can easily harvest 200 kg a month.

Anyway I took the task and was on the road as early as 6:30 am.  This time it was some where is a small kampung called ASCOT at Teluk Kemang, Port Dickson.

The owner have done the clearing works and what attracted me the most was the two man made ponds at the end of the 2 acres land.

I surveyed the land and after conducting the bird call test it was perfect.  More then 200 birds responded and they love to skim above the water in the pond.



I was asked to prepare a report and I did.

The idea that I throw to the owner is to start with a small unit, 2 1/2 stories high, as a test unit and once the respond is good he might want to consider covering up the second pond and turn the land into an eco park.

He could not believed my idea but come to think about it , it make lots of sense.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Pak Harry... just to say, found your comment and suggestion very sincere and honerst.

Thanks.
Jackson S.
Sandakan