Search This Blog

Friday, May 24, 2013

After One Year Following My Blog !!!

Yesterday at around 7:30pm met a new Swiftlet Farming blog reader  from Kemaman, Trengganu just to have a few words with me.

He called about two days ago about his plans and would like to meet me for a cup of coffee.

I told him to come over and it will be nice to talk more about his problems.

He drove his Hilux 4 wheeler for 4 hours and I was glad that we met.

His main reason was to have my opinion about a new BH that he wanted to construct and at the same time wanted my views about other BHs (about 4 others) that were not doing well.

What he did was to read books written by birdhouse experts from foreign countries.

I told him that I used to refer to those books too but one thing that I realized was that they were written in languages that were difficult to understand and we tend to become confused when some of the wording was never in our dictionary.

More often than not they were written many years ago and become a bit obsolete. 

The best is still to refer to those active blog-sites which are fresh and at the same time you can directly communicated with the authors for any explanation.

He found and followed my blog for almost one year.

He tried a number of my ideas and when he saw the results he make this attempt to call me for some help.

There were a number of serious questions that were posted and I answered every one of them with lots of references and ideas how to resolve them.

We have a simple dinner (roti nan) and his plan now was to invite me to his BHs in Kemaman and Besut.

No matter what he wanted to do next is up to him but I will be happy to help in whatever things that he wanted me to do.

At least now he will have someone to guide him.

"So you are staying in KL tonight?" i asked.

"Nope we are driving back home now.  Thank you for your time Pak Harry and it was worth the trip." he answered.

"No matter what the outcome between you and the Telok Kalong BH owner please try to find time to visit me in Kemaman soon." he affirm his commitment.

Will find the time to drive up to Kemaman next week or the week after.

The most important is to know that he was very happy with the three hours meeting with someone he admired.


No comments: