Search This Blog

Saturday, May 18, 2013

My Humble Opinion About How To Orientate Your Expensive BH !!!

I remembered walking with a "chicken breeding expert" towards a BH in Dengkil, Selangor.

While climbing up the steep hill we passed a newly constructed chicken rearing building that was about to be completed.

You know what he said to me.

"Oh oh I think this chicken house is not in the right orientation.  It should be in line with the sunrise in the morning and sundown in the evening.  Which mean to say that it should be from east to west and not southeast to northwest or north to south."  he said.

Any significant effect if the are not in line with the sun?

"Oh yes, if the sun is allowed to shine to the side of the BH those chicken will fight for a place on the opposite site for shed.  Likewise in the evening when the sun is shining on to the opposite wall area the chicken will now move or cramp on the other side with the shed."  he explained.

He make a lot of sense and I fully agree with him.

What he was trying to say is that if your chicken house is not properly aligned with the sun or east to west direction the chicken house utilization is only half.

This is because they will avoid the hot sun area and will cramp to the max on the shady areas.

What about swiftlet BH?

I think the same thing applied to the east and west alighment.

If your BH is not in the preferred orientation you will have your the larger surface areas of your BH be hit by the sunrays on a direct basis.

In the morning the largest surface area walls will be hitting the hot sun in full blast and in the evening the other wall will be absorbing those sun heat.

If you have not make the necessary arrangements to minimize those heat reaching the inner walls, like double wall type, your BH will face a severe high temperature problem.

Beside the heat I think the entrance area like your monkey house or top entry areas should be located on the east side of the building.

My main reason being we need the morning sun to enter the BH as early as possible and this morning light will be able to guide your birds to find their way out of the BH.

If your monkey house is on the west the morning light we have to use the wall to reflect into your nesting rooms.   It will take a longer path thus reducing the intensity to guide those hungry birds out of the house.

If any one who read think that I am wrong please email your reasons.

I will be very happy to publish your points if I receive them.

Everyone have their own opinion but it must be supported with facts and logical explanation.

Remember I do not claim to be a super consultant but I am just voicing my opinion.

Call me if you wish to advise your opinion.  017 7551318.


No comments: