Search This Blog

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Possible Conversion Job In The Card !!!


"Pak Harry I need your help to convert a three stories shop house into a BH."

That was what transpired between this shop house owner and me a few days back.

I told him to wait for me at the shop house on Sunday and we have some good time to view the two floors he suggested.

The shop house seems to be abandoned for any business for more than 15 years and there were at least 40 BHs all around it.

This empty shop house was it between two successful BHs with at least 3,000 nests in total.

Very interesting location and lots of young feeder birds every season.

The only sore point is that it might be against the local by laws.  I told him to be very sure of his decision.

The top floor seems to be perfect but the 2nd floor have some minor short coming.

The floor was too small and there is no way of using the staircase as the LAL.

It seems that the only way out is to hack the floor and pull those birds downstairs.

I took home the floor sketches and came out with my recommended proposal.

The ideal point to hack the floor was somewhere near the wall about 15 feet away from the front wall facing the flying path.

After listing down the terms and conditions I emailed to the owner for his confirmation.

If this particular job is confirmed I will have a ample opportunity to train a few newbies to be a good swiftlet farmers.

There is a very strong possibility of training two undergrads from UPM too.

I just hope that the project will be confirmed soon.


No comments: