Search This Blog

Friday, May 31, 2013

Lost And Found, Now What To Do !!!


Yesterday was busy at work site and two calls came in asking for immediate help.

"Pak Harry I got thing young swiftlet and what should I do with it?  What and where to get her food?"

He sent a number of pictures and I told him to put it back into its nest if he can.

"No way Pak, she was from my friend's BH and I don't think we know which nest when came from." his answer.

So you need to feed that young fellow until she can fly.

"She refuse to eat those grasshopper I offered?"

That was not the right thing to offer.

I think you should look at something more to her liking.  Like those termites. The flying termites are better.

Why don't you go and locate those termite mount and digging.  Collect them into a container and put the container into your freezer.

Those termite will be frozen and you can pick some for your young bird to eat.

Maybe you might need to squash them and feed them in liquid form.

Use a syringe with no needle please.

"What if she refuse to open her mouth?"

Force open but gently.

Looking at the size and shape of the young bird, I think she is about 40 days old and ready to take her flight within 3-5 days from yesterday.

I do have another formula but it will not arrive in time.

Best of luck to this new daddy.

There will be calls coming for more help all the time.

Another call was about this guy wanted to buy those Figs trees.

"Pak, I wanted those figs trees.  25 tree that are not consumable and 5 that its fruits can be eaten."

Feel like as if looking after a nursery.

Well I advised him to give me about 3 weeks for the 25 tree stems with shoots  while the 5 tree need to graft and it will take at least 3 months.

The strange thing was that he confirmed yes.

"Okay I will send a cheque to your home address." his answer.

I got to start cracking on this request and a few weeks ago sent about 30 pieces of stems with shoots to another BH owner located in Tawau, Sabah.

Well if you need some help please call me at 0177551318.  Nothing is impossible.

No comments: