Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I Think I Am Getting Old !!!


I think I mixed up the date and day to sit in for the Seminar yesterday at UPM Serday.

I was cock sure that the 29th of May should be on Thursday.

So I decided to send those items to the venue and proceed to Salak Tinggi work site.

Went out early and after arrival those helpers came down to carry the BH items up.

It was during that particular moment I was told that the Seminar have started.

"You meant the Swiftlet Farming Seminar had started?" I inquired.

"Yes Pak Harry the Seminar room is upstairs," he answered.

I was stunt and take a good look at my iPhone calander to confirm.

Oh shit I was carried away with the revamp operation and mixed up the date.

Never mind about my clothing and with a pair of working sandal.

I walked up the stairs and entered the seminar room.

There were about 20 participants.

I waited for my turn and when I was given the microphone to start my talk I apologies on my very casual dressing and admitted that I mixed up the date.

The Seminar went nicely and after 1.5 hours of my first talk I felt so hungry.

I realized that I have not taken any breakfast yet.

Managed to take a bite and resumed the talk with no further hiccup.

The Seminar went well and most of the participants were very happy the talks given.

There were a number of press people and one of them was from a Chinese Newspaper.

He was fascinated with my talk and wanted to write more about my misson.

He corned me for some minutes for my time and scribble some notes about my objective in trying to help the Swiftlet Industry.

"Pak Harry I am very fascinated with your talk and usually this trade is very confidential.  No one in the industry will share their success stories with any one even their relatives. In your case you are so opened and provided so much information that are important to the industry." he insisted.

He planned to write a strong article about me and promised to serve my famous blog site.

I gave him my blessing to use any of my quotes or my web site on the condition that he quoted that it was from my blog site & address.

The Seminar went well and I am very glad with my part to talk on two interesting topics that were useful to all participants.

Just hope that there will be more such talk in the future and perhaps at different locations.

No comments: