Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Full Result After Forced Harvesting Exercise !!!


I did a rough calculation on the number of nests increased after a force harvest exercise.

You might want to recall the report I made here CLICK

During the rough calculation I mentioned that the number of nest increased observed was about 30%.

Last Monday April 30th 2013 with the help of UPM students the actual percentage was much higher.

The Professor leading the team of student to carry out this strange phenomena was delighted with the positive result.

He send his SMS message as follows:

"Amazingly 45.2% increase in nests at Bukit Selambau.  Every floor got increase.  Will get the details later."

This sudden increase in nests population after a forced harvest exercise is something that cannot be explained.

I came to know about this phenomena many years ago and it came to me by accident.

It was in a town called Ipoh, Perak.

I was resting at the lobby in a Hotel after conducting a Seminar, sitting on a chair beside one of my seminar participant.

"Pak Harry my birdhouse was burglarized a few months ago and I was very upset when all my hard work was taken away by those burglars."  he was explaining about his sad story.

I asked him:  What happened after that?

His sad looking face now turned to a smile and said:

"Well after about two months the number of nests increased by about 30-40%.  I don't really know why but it was a strange thing to happen."

That was something that I wanted to hear from a sad man.

From that day I keep thinking to myself that the force harvest technique is something that need more investigation.

What do you think really happened after a force harvest?

Where did the new tenants came from?

How come they turned up to increase the nests number drastically?

Who told them that the BH was forced harvest?

Did the affected tenant went over to invite them to come over?

If the answer is yes, did they communicate with their voice or body movements to inform the event happened?

There were so many questions but I don't really have the answers.

This strange phenomena need a proper study and I took some of my time to discuss with UPM Professor about it.

He don't actually believed in my observation in the beginning but he was willing to conduct a study to confirm my observation.

This was what happen at Bukit Selambau BH.

I hope one day we can find the exact explanations to those questions.

For now I wanted to recommend that carrying out a force harvest once a year is something that every BH owner should look at seriously.

Before you do that try to learn more what are the things you must do.

If you wish to push your total number of nest up by at least 30% try my idea.

However you need to be prepared to look into looking after those baby birds and incubate those eggs.

If by some chance you do not know how to look after the babies and hatch those eggs please let me know.

We have a team of students from UPM who are willing to help you with your force harvest and at the same time look after those babies and eggs who lost their home.

Call 017 7551318 for more details.







No comments: