Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Look At This Hornbill On BH Entrance Area !!!!


I am not sure if you have ever known about Hornbill.

Someone told me before that Hornbill can be one of your BH predator.

I was visiting this colorful BH in Kemaman.

During sound test operation at its site I was surprised with two large birds that flew closed to the BH.

The owner confirmed that the large size birds were actually Burung Engang or Hornbill specie.

"Pak Harry, at time they will land on the roof top very closed to the top entry opening." he confirmed.

I was a bit taken back and mentioned to him that that was not a good thing for a BH.

If I am not mistaken during breeding season they will not only feed their babies with fruits but also meat surplement.

The meat supplement I think comes from baby birds of other specie or other birds.

I could not comment much on what to do but I think he suggested his special plan which I do not wish to make any comment.

Have a good look at the entrance hole area.





No comments: