Sunday, July 14, 2013
A New Job At Paya Berenjut Kemaman Trengganu !!!
At first I wanted to decline the mini job but looking at the condition of the BH I decided to take up the job.
A mini size job to rehabilitate a poorly performing BH at Paya Berenjut, Kemaman.
The owner is the same who owned the two stories BH at Cenih Kemaman which I wrap up last Wednesday.
While doing my round with him he asked my opinion on this first unit he converted to start learning about swiftlet farming.
He rented the lot for a sizable cost and after more than 1.5 years the number of nests hover around 15 nests, according to him.
I took a short look at the BH and pretty impressed with what he did inside.
His basic understanding about brightness was a bit on the wrong side.
It seems that he used those gadget to check on the light intensity but my six sense tells me that the nesting room was a bit on the bright site.
What I told him was that those books he read must not be always right.
I prefer to use my method of measuring the light intensity.
No gadget but just get two person to stand about 2 feet apart and they should not be able to see each other face.
A very simple technique and it works all the time.
If there is no one with you to stand two feet apart use those pillars or walls.
The idea is to get the right darkness and if I am not wrong my method is the most appropriate.
To reduce those light polluting the nesting room I plan to erect a kind of a box around the main entrance area just below the top entry hole.
Erect a box and allow only a reasonable amount of light towards the nesting door connecting the roving area and the nesting room.
Those light escaping from those 4" diameter ventilation holes pipes need to be tackled.
There is a strong reason to perhaps heat shield the back wall facing the west.
The nesting planks needs more tweeters and fake nests.
The current hexagonal tweeter need to be precisely located.
I plan to upgrade the external sound amplifier.
Those surfaces that are reflecting too much light into the nesting room shall be painted black.
I will test all the good sounds in my collection and use the one that attract the most number of birds into this BH.
There is a big chance of activating an insect generating system using those breads and condense milk added with slices of ripe bananas.
To wet the floor I am thinking of applying the wet floor technique.
All the above should be ready within 1-1.5 weeks from Monday July 15th 2013.
The owner seems to be very pleased with my recommendation and I look forward to finish the job on time.