Wednesday, July 3, 2013
The Progress Of Kemaman BH Revamp Operation !!!
So far so good and the birds were cuing up to be it's tenants.
That was from my observation and a few test run when I was at site.
Yesterday for example I have to teach my workers on the proper way to get those birds flying inside to find their ways out.
You see we were having lunch and my worker decided to switch the external sound (a new sound) just to inform those birds that they can enter to perhaps feed their young one.
However after less than 45 minutes they were camping inside.
We wanted to start work and stop the sound however they refuse to leave the rooms.
Top floor was with about 100-150 and similar number on the ground floor.
"Pak Harry how are we going to start work when there are so many of them inside?" he asked.
What I did was to show them the simple way to push them out.
First stop both the external and internal sound.
Next was to take one of the portable neon light out of the room towards the entrance hole area.
Then you switch off the light in the nesting room where they wanted to start work.
Yes within less than 2 minutes they flew out following the light coming in via the door.
This special occasion tells us that these birds use those light to find their way out.
Every morning when the sun in up the light coming in will help to guide your birds out of your BH to find food.
This is also why I recommend that for a good BH try to have the main entrance hole to face the EAST and not the west.
The east means direct east or South east or North east.
I am happy to share these few pictures on the progress so far.
1) We have completed the installation of heat shield for the top floor. The temperature now is below 29*C. Perfect and I am sure those birds will love this BH.
2) The three doors on the 2nd floor areas were officially completed. I managed to reduce their sizes to minimize the amount of light coming inside polluting the nesting room.
3) The air ventilation holes are now with 2.5 feet 4" diameter PVC pipes. The light emitted by these holes are not down to them minimum.
4) The corner covers in the form of clusters were installed and now waiting for the installation of internal sound tweeters. I am back in KL to fetch the items.
5) I have instructed my worker to come out with a number of waste wood corners and they installed as per my requirements.
6) The fake nests will be one of the most important gadget to trap all these new visitors. I have decided to increase the total number of fake nests to about 250 for the top floor alone.
The BH owner dropped by and was pleased to see the progress so far.
He was very surprised on what we have carried out and keep reminding me that he has a few more sick BHs that he wanted my personal touches.
I hope he understood my position. There are so many people in his position and they also need my help.
Enjoy these pictures and hope I can post more soon..
You can drop by the view these special features. Call me at 017 7551318.