Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Another New Figs Tree Specie !!!



Recently discovered a new Figs tree specie planted around a BH in Kemaman.

The owner claimed that the trees grew naturally and he was fortunate that the trees were not taken down by his construction workers.

There were at least 15 trees and I think this specie was new to me.

The fruits seems to be slightly smaller and they seems to be attached to both the main trunk and branches.

The fruits when ripe will turned yellow.

I have the opportunity to plug a number of it and squeezed to check the figs warps inside.

Yes the young warps were plenty growing inside.

The best was how the BH owner knew about the important about Figs.

"Actually I came to know about it by reading your blog." his story on how he got to know the Figs trees.

I am thinking about grafting the tree and maybe transfer a few to Dengkil Selangor.

Have a look at the pictures taken during my recent trip.












No comments: