Search This Blog

Friday, July 5, 2013

Kemaman: Why I Pushed For More Fake Nests







During my first visit to this BH in Kemaman I pointed something to the BH owner.

The first was where most of his BH nests were located.

Yes nearly all were either beside the internal sound tweeters or above it.

The second very interesting observation was the number of fake nests being tenanted.

He installed I think about 20 pieces and nearly 50% were taken.

My workers informed me a few days ago something like this.

"Pak Harry those fake nests that cannot been seen as being occupied are actually with eggs.  They are not actually empty but with eggs."

This pushed the number of fake nests occupied from 50% to 70-80%.

I was not surprised and it is my believed that this strange gadget is something that we must not take for granted.

We need to study their effectiveness and use it to our advantage.

Since the BH owner used this particular type I source for the same type and got about 300 pieces for him.

I can safely recommend to all those who are new and have difficulties to populate their BH to use the same type of fake nests.

Remember these fake nests are for us to lure those birds to lay their first eggs.

Once they lay their first egg they will be your permanent tenant.

You can later remove these fake nests and your tenant will return to your BH.

Just try to use as many as you can and make sure you install them precisely where they would love to stay.  Yes beside those internal sound playing tweeters.


No comments: