Search This Blog

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Heat Insulation Works Inside Kemaman BH !!!

 (Heat shield installation on the West wall)

Let me give you the exact details on the heat insulation works carried out inside Kemaman BH.

During my first visit to the BH the owner was showing me around and he gave me some report about the nesting room temperature of his BH.

It seems that he installed a gadget to monitor the exact humidity and temperature for a couple of weeks.

His summary was as follows:

"The temperature will start to rise sharply from 8pm till 10pm and after that it will stabilized with downward trend after that.  The highest temperature he recorded was above 31*C".

Why listening to him I told him about the method I adopted in Salak Tinggi BH using this heat shield that will make all the affected walls to be at 29*C or lower.

He quickly snap with the word "Ok Pak Harry I want that to be carried out in my BH".

Since the highest was above 31*C I told him that usually if the higher floor is 31*C the floor below it will be about 30*C.

To minimize the overall cost I suggested that we should apply the heat shield method only for the top floor.

That was how the heat shield installation started its history inside this Kemaman BH.

The moment my boys arrived I told them to concentrate on the heat shield.

We got the heat shield rolls ready, ordered some woods (2"x2" X 12 feet.) and about 110 pieces of ceiling boards (4'X4'X3mm).

I told them to start on the wall facing the west and move to the one to the south and finish with the east wall.

They did just that.

What I like about this method of heat shielding is that it is very simple, quick and less messy.

My worker will erect the wood frame about 4' apart and installed a number of crossing 4' apart and stapled the heat shield materials.

Once the heat shield is in place the cement boards will be nailed to act as protection from any possible damage.

The surface on the cement board will be always 29*C or lower.

We have monitored the temperature inside the affected room and it was below 30*C.

A very quick and effective way of cooling down your nesting room.

If you need to learn more let me know.

Call 017 7551318.






 (The Frame of 4'X4' to receive the cement boards)




No comments: