Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sometime BH Owners Can Be Very Sacastic !!!




This is a true story on how you can be deeply hurt after helping to populate a BH for a care less owner.

I was on my routine operation looking after a BH.

The owner was a bit upset.

She feels as if what was done were not good enough for her.

"How come I only have 30 plus nests while my cousin brother have 50 plus nests?  He started his BH nearly the same date."

There was another BH in Pahang whose owner came with this claim:

I asked him " How your BH performance now?"

"Pak Harry 3 years after your revamp operation the BH now is with 400 plus nests.  I am not very happy because by brother-in-law's BH have 450 plus nests."

Never appreciate what was done for them and always wanted more but with very little effort.

He used to offer me dinner every night when I was in his town but now never even want to meet for a cup of coffee.

 This is something a person like me have to bear and keep that painful experience deep in my heart.

The thing here is that when their BH does not perform all the blame will be on you.

However if their BH does well all the credits was them and not the person who came to help.

The lady owner have her BH on a piece of agricultural land also in Pahang.

Before her BH was erected I conducted a test to check on the number of birds responding to the Duress sound.

The total number was not more than 80.

Her recent count was 88 birds came to stay in her BH.

The point here is that all those birds, in fact 8 extra, came in and become her BH tenant.

More than 100% entered and took residence in hers and I think she should be very proud of that.

If she wanted to get more she need to wait for those birds inside to multiply.

I am no magician to direct birds from other BHs to flying in.

This is what I always recommend to properly choose your BH location.

If your call test resulted in 1000 birds and if Pak Harry can pull in 100% plus into your BH what do you think will happen?

However if you bird call test showed only 20 birds there is very little thing that can be done unless you wish to spend some extra money to "Translocate" those breed birds.

So those of you who wanted to be successful in your swiftlet farming venture try to be a bit nice to your advisor.

Choose a location with lots of birds responding to the Duress sound call.

If you need my expert advise please call me at 017 7551318.

Don't worry I wound have any grudge on you or anyone else even if they stab my back.

No comments: