He owned four BHs and each is worth about 650,000 - 1,000,000 rm.
I met him once about three to four years ago.
He wanted to have my set of good sounds.
I met him at his BH and saw what was inside.
After three years into operation the BH he showed to me collected only about 14 nests.
The second unit after 1.8 years, a four stories located in a palm oil plantation, was with only 12 nests.
The third after about 1.5 years, a factory lot converted into a BH, was with about 10 nests.
I was given the opportunity to view all the three and he wanted my expert opinions.
"Harry what do you think about all the three units? Do you think they can be revamped and populated?" he asked.
Well since he asked my frank opinion I told him a few interesting obsevations:
1) All the three were well done and were pretty cool inside. The overall designs were OK.
2) Among the three I inclined towards the number three. Why the 3rd? I told him that the unit is very closed to a retention pond. Just look at the number of birds around 5:00pm -7:00pm.
3) The only problem was that the main entrance hole was facing the wrong direction.
4) My second preference will be the 1st unit situated in a middle of a paddy field and closed proximity to Muda river.
5) The only set back is that the entrance hole was not facing the east. The BH could have done better if he make the necessary relocation.
6) The number 2 unit was with a top entrance system. The unit has 4 floors to cater and due to lack of lighting not a single couple is on the 1st and ground floor.
After listing some of those things that might help his BHs he said something that took me by surprise:
"I wanted you to take over and manage the three BHs on a JV basis?" he explained.
He was very disappointed with the performances and at the same time busy running his Tiles and sanitary product supply shop.
Now he wanted me to take up the offer with very little financial outlay.
I was a bit surprised but need some time to think about it.
My biggest concern is it distance with Kuala Lumpur.
I need to drive about 4.5 hours up and down to look after the three BHs.
But I was honored to be given such a beautiful offer.
I don't think I have the money to own three BHs costing about 2.2 million ringgit.
So what do you think I should do?