Search This Blog

Sunday, March 2, 2014

My Very Long Time Friend With His Successful BH Above His House !!!


(A BH above a two stories Bungalow House)

I took a bit of my time to recall when was the first time I met this person.

When on my trip home from Sandakan to Kuala Lumpur I received a message from a Brunei BH owner.

"Pak Harry I and my family will be driving from Brunei to Kota Kinabalu.  I would like to meet you in person.  Please change your itinerary."  he requested.

After failing to cross Beauford town (under severe flood) a week ago he insisted to still drive up to meet me in person.

With honor I told him that I will reschedule my flight just to meet him and his family.

He picked me up at KK International Airport and after a brief introduction he wanted me to visit an old friend who happened to be his relative.

I vividly remember this person but I was curious what he was up to.

The moment I reached his two stories bungalow house I saw the very strange thing in Sabah.

His BH was above him, where he is staying.

He converted the top floor of the Bungalow house into a BH.

A very unusual thing in Sabah but I wanted to see for myself how successful it was.

"Pak Harry I met you a few years ago in Kuala Lumpur and we have breakfast at Saloma Restaurant along Jalan Ampang." he was trying to recall my first meeting.

With that statement my mind recalled quickly about the meeting.

At that time he was a high rank officer with Persatuan Peladang.

Now retired and doing something good for the swiftlet farming industry in Sabah.

I was given the opportunity to enter his highly successful BH, 3 years with 400 nests.

It was a very impressive view inside.

There were lots of birds (about 200 at least) flying around and a few times the flew and hit my head.

The best thing he did was to pour some fresh aroma into his mist spray machine.

The aroma smell was very nice and effective.

I have a very strong feeling it was my Mutiara Aroma.

"Pak Harry, any good advice from your about my BH?"  he ask my opinion.

After a short moment I came out with a few interesting ideas on how to optimize his 400 nests with at least 1,300 birds inside.

I told him to focus on how to reduce the number of cornered nests.

He showed me a few bags of raw nests he harvested and nearly 80% were cornered nests.

The time have come for him to device some steps to reduce the cornered nests and more 180* shape nests to be produced.

Cornered nests fetch a lower price as compared to 180* shape nests.

My best advice was for him to consider using stainless steel plate to cover all those corners that are currently occupied with nests.

During your nest harvesting operation try to get ready those steel plates and once you removed the nests cover you 90* corners with them.

He said that I make a lot of sense.   He will look into my idea.

I did showed to him to reduce the door size of the main roving area.

What pleased me was that he keep saying that he learn a lot after meeting me in KL twice.

No comments: