Search This Blog

Saturday, November 30, 2013

A Delima How To Reply To A Simple Question !!!


"Pak Harry can I run my external sound on a 24 hours basis?" this was the latest question that makes me feel very difficult to answer.

What bothered me was what I say in Pasir Putih BH recently.

The owner invited me to visit his bh and looking forward for my long report.

What I say in this BH makes me wonder if external sound should be run on 24 hours or not.

The background of this BH owner on swiftlet farming is almost zero.

By shear luck he build his own design BH and he operated his BH with both external and internal sound ran on 24 hours basis.

The external sound uses two amplifiers.

One running during the day time up to 8:00pm and the second will run during night shift up to 7:00am.

During the daytime the external sound runs both those tweeters located at the entrance hole and the tunnel plus those installed inside his nesting rooms but at night only those tweeters inside will run the whole night.

The number of nests he collected was 78 pieces.

If you think that the external sound will make them crazy, how come they still erect those 78 nests?

Hmmm... I wonder if we should conduct some research on this externals sound playing arrangements.

Before this story crops up I remember talking to another BH owner from Dungun Trengganu.

He experience something similar.

He describe about his strange doings and I asked him to stop the external sound at night.

After just one week he called and said that the number of birds began to reduce.

"Pak Harry the number of birds entering my BH after stopping the night time external sound playing seems to reduce.  What should I do now?" he asked.

Hmm  something that I did not expected.

I gracefully asked him to reinstall the old method.

The next day he reconnect the cable and immediately those birds number started to climb.

A very strange thing and I begin to wonder if I should adopt this new method.

I finally replied to the first guy who asked about this to go ahead but keep me inform if their is any changes occur.

I hope those of your who happened to run your BH with the external sound runs on 24 hrs please write to me about your experiences.

Your feed back will be very useful for other BH owners.

Write to harryswiftlet@yahoo.com or sms to 0177551318.



No comments: